Meeting the Family


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 20th 2007
Published: January 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi, I am now in Rowville, Victoria at John and Margarets. Natalie was at Melbourne airport with her eldest son Aaron to collect us on Friday and bring us here. It was lovely meeting Natalie again, she is slightly larger in size than when we last saw her as she is only 7 weeks away from giving birth to her third child but other than that she still looks the same.

John is very well at the moment, although he is slower and obviously not as fit as he used to be, he is managing to get around and still has his great sense of humour. Margaret hasn't changed at all, she is still very busy, chatty and always doing things for everyone, I hope that we don't exhaust her too quickly by being here.

We have just met Mark, Natalies husband and their youngest son Jackson. Jackson is a real cuttie, having the two young boys around really reminded Bob and I of Simon and George when they were children, it doesn't seem possible that they are now adults!

We all had a BBQ at John's in the back garden, luckily they have a sheltered area in there garden as since we arrived it hasn't stopped raining! We are certainly not having much luck with the weather on our travels but for some strange reason people over here in Australia seem really pleased to have the rain! I don't think that everyone is so happy though as we have just seen the news and some parts are now completely flooded after so long without rain. Oh well sounds just like England to me.

Although it is raining it is still in the mid 20's so we aren't cold but I'm hoping that the weather improves tomorrow as we have now planned our time in Melbourne and want to start getting out and seeing some of the countryside.

Will update again soon. Love to everyone

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb