UooUoo Finale


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 17th 2021
Published: May 23rd 2021
Edit Blog Post

Sadly the UooUoo trail had to come to an end and Alex kindly managed to get a ticket to the auction event so we could be part of the action !

This virtual experience has been so popular that heygo added more spaces so that as many people as possible could enjoy the final journeys of the Uoo Uoo’s that they had been hunting over the past months.



Canapés & drinks were served, the excitement was rising.

Alex managed to find a good position so that we could see the large screen showing the progress of each lot as it came up for auction.

The chat was buzzing with people saying “higher, higher” or “oh no I thought it would have gone for more than that”. Many heygo followers had their favourites and were a little disappointed when they didn’t raise as much as anticipated.



I was dipping in and out of the live auction room whilst continuing to stay with Alex and the rest of the team. It was soon time for a well deserved break for Alex who had been showing us the catalogue each time a UooUoo went up and relaying the bidding as it progressed.



Outside on the patio area a few UooUoo we’re enjoying the Melbourne skyline all lit up.



Time to return with Alex to the auction and an even better position this time, that guy certainly worked his socks off to make this whole experience something to remember.

Heygo is a tip supported platform and any tips received at the event Alex donated to the Royal Children’s Hospital charity.

We learnt later that we had raised $432.62 (Australian $)



There were 60 lots up for auction, some of the 100 UooUoo had been soldprivately before the auction & although some of the final auction prices were a little below the expected price the charity would have received thousands of dollars for such a worthy cause.



This was the announcement on the RCH website,



After four months of colour, creativity and adventure, Me and UooUoo: The RCH150 RCHAnniversary Art Trail has wrapped up, and our incredible sculptures are on their way to their new homes around the state (and world!)

Launching in January, Me and UooUoo featured a specially designed sculpture created by Alexander Knox and was brought to life by 100 local, emerging and Indigenous artists. These strange, colourful creatures popped up around Melbourne and Geelong, and quickly found their way into the hearts of Victorians and those visiting the state. Throughout January to April, our wonderful community explored the trail, with over 11,000 users downloading the app, 226,000 sculptures unlocked and 12,500 photos shared along the way.

The trail ended with a fantastic Farewell Event at MCEC where we welcomed over 3,000 people for a final wave goodbye! Our UooUoos then went under the hammer for our fundraising auction. Congratulations to all the successful bidders, our UooUoos can’t wait to call their new habitats home. All funds raised support sick children at The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH).


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb