Street Art Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 20th 2021
Published: January 21st 2021
Edit Blog Post

28th November 2020

Street art Melbourne

Well, this evening after watching Strictly I jetted off to Melbourne for a tour of the Graffiti Lanes of the city with Josh our guide at 8am on a wet Sunday morning.

Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, much of the city's disaffected youth were influenced by the graffiti of New York City, which then became popular in Melbourne’s streets and alleys.

Today we visited two of these alleys - Hosier Lane & AC/DC Lane

Nosier Lane was a short walk from Flinders Street station and the most popular and famous graffiti laneway in Melbourne. Whilst many of the artworks are commissioned many are the work of up and coming street artists. One wall was completely covered with small framed artworks.

A variety of subjects, ranging from some political, some cute but all very colourful.

A short walk along Finders Lane and we arrive at the entrance to AC/DC Lane - The entrance is interesting with the logo of the band ACDC as the street sign.

As we strolled down the Lane we were able to stop and look at the artworks without the usual hoards of tourists
snapping away with their cameras.

Unlike the graffiti art that is ever-changing a 3D depiction of Bon Scott bursting out of the wall is there to stay.



I guess this type of art is subjective, I saw earlier this year on Facebook some amazing street art in Hereford which I really enjoyed. As for Graffiti street art the jury is still out !


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement





Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 21; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb