All Around the World


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 27th 2018
Published: March 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The start of another long overseas trip and this one will take us right round the world.

This trip sounds adventurous but should be relatively straightforward as most of our planned destinations are 1st-world destinations. We're starting off with about 6 weeks in Canada, primarily for skiing. We aim to visit 4 or 5 separate resorts in this time which should be enough to experience Canadian skiing; After that we will head south chasing the better weather and self-drive down the west coast of the US. I have always wanted to visit San Francisco. From there we will go overland through Mexico and Central America and should have time to be able to do it justice before the northern summer and the hurricane season begins. After that we plan to fly to Europe via Iceland - another place that has been on our destination list for a while. Plans after that are flexible ...

We're flying United Airlines from Melbourne to Vancouver via LA, which though not ideal is reasonably direct and was a bargain compared to the other options. When I put my baggage together (skis, boots and clothes) it's tight to fit within the 23Kg allowance but I can do it -just. We'll plan to ship our ski gear back to Oz after we're finished skiing after which I reckon I'll have less than 10Kg to carry, so may well end up travelling really light for most of this trip, even if I end up buying a few clothes in Canada and the US.

So we're on our way and I'm really looking forward to this trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb