Game On!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
June 21st 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 447 to 453 (16.06.08 - 22.06.08)

Our regular weekly routine altered slightly this week as there was no basketball match booked in for Mark on Wednesday. Instead we'd been invited over for dinner with Sarah and Duan and we had a great evening of fine food and plenty of wine topped off with Sarah's fantastic ANZAC biscuits (a popular treat here in Oz!).

As we'd joined a local gym on a cheap 30 day trial we also managed to fit in a couple of workouts after work and are enjoying the exercise again since we stopped cycling to work.

Friday night saw a mate from work celebrating his birthday in a bar in town so a few of us met up at ours for a few drinks before we headed into town to catch up with Darky and everyone else. The night finished as usual back at ours with several people sleeping in the lounge.

On saturday night we had Tiana and Ash over for dinner and some fiendish games of Yahtzee (we know how to live it up!) where Mark had some extrordinary runs of luck with 2 yahtzees in one game. We don't talk about Chirssie's luck in these games as it apeared to be non-existant!

Federation Square in the centre of Melbourne houses, amongst other things, the Australian centre for the Moving Image which is currently hosting Game On. This is an exhibition to demonstrate the history of the video game but essentially just a great excuse to have a go on loads of computer games. We journeyed into town fairly early on Sunday morning and spent the following few hours happily reliving parts of our childhood on all the old arcade machines and consoles playing games such as Space Invaders, Pong, Donkey Kong, Pacman, Lemmings to name but a few. We decided not to try and beat the queues to get onto the Nintendo Wii but did have a go on the Sega Superstars (we think it was called) which used a camera to put an image of you onto the screen and allowed you to physically fight the characters in the game - fantastic stuff which, despite making you look like an idiot punching and kiciknig thin air, was extemely entertaining and pretty much our favourite from the exhibition (only just being pipped to the post in Chrissie's list by Bubble Bobble - aaah nostalgia!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Arty farty!Arty farty!
Arty farty!

Some pics to show you the art we've created for the flat


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb