Still in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
January 14th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Fri 7th Dec:
Feeling a little tired from another late night I rolled out to look for alternative accomodation. I went to several places but it wasn't successful trip which meant the 2 more days at the Coffee Palace.
we took the tram into the city and had a look around the shops. I bought myself some new runners in the hope that it would help my knee when i ran. we also finally found Citadel, a card game that we'd been looking for since Coffs Harbour, back in September!
Had a few drinks in the evening but that was it .

Sat 8th Dec:
Too much partying since we arrived in Melbourne so a nice chilled day. Laz and i decided to go out for a quiet drink in the evening so found a nice bar to share a bottle of wine. Whilst sat there Hayley walked pass with Rich so we finished our wine and joined them at the Elephant & Wheelbarrow. Our quiet night was becoming less quiet and we embarked on a pub crawl through St Kilda, with our group growing as we went. It all got a little confusing when everyone disappeared except me and Rachel. We headed down to the next arranged pub but couldn't find them. They then appeared outside but didn't want to pay to come in. So we finished our drink but they had disappeared again! We walked back the way we had come but couldn't find them. Rachel then bumped into a huge group of friends and literally got carried off! I went back to the Elephant and managed to find them but wasn't impressed at being abandoned! Got over it at the bar and ended chatting to a load of rugby players for the rest of the night, it must be in my blood! We also bumped into Ellie and Michael, an Irish couple who were sharing our dorm.
Our quiet night turned into 0400, oops!

Sun 9th Dec:
Get to move to a nice guest house today but it meant checking out at 1000 which wasn't easy after last night. Made it just, then struggled up to the car and drove the short distance to our new place.
Didn't achieve much today but needed to rest as it was the big Neighbours day tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb