Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
May 1st 2007
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, kate and i survived our 3rd flight. wierdly it felt like no time at all... in comparison to the mammoth amount of flying we had to do to get to NZ...! Jetstar are a rubbish airline tho. we have to buy EVERYTHING. there was no film... *dies* no idea how we are going to survive the 9 hrs to Singapore... :S

(there are two flies on my computer screen that are really really annoying. and they wont go away!)

Melbourne feels like civilisation in comparison to NZ. its Buzzing. we went for a wander around the city *coughshoppingcough* and there are thousands of people. everywhere.

i think i prefer New Zealand! its just like London here. everyone is wrapped up in their own little world, totally unconcerned for anyone else around them... it makes people watching more interesting, but theres nothing specifically distinctive about this city - theres no WOW factor. its just big. and buizy.

the weather is good tho. :D kate and i had breakfast on the beach this morning! was lovely and warm. which is a definate plus compared to Christchurch.

theres not really much to say... i missed the neighbours night, which some of the people we met on the Kiwi bus went to last night. our flight got in too late to do that tho 😞 and we arent going to be here next monday for the next one.

we worked out that it is actually cheaper to cook for ourselves than to keep buying fast food... so the diet is generally : noodles. Pasta. Noodles. Jacket Potatoes. Sandwiches.
weve had a few stir-frys... and ive taken to frying corgettes. kate eats practically nothing tho, so ive been cooking for 1. which is v difficult. therefore....:
any recipes/ideas would be greatly appreciated! my cooking skills are v limited. and even more so without a cookbook :S (and no im not going to buy one. and carry it around. these hostel kitchens are tiny. and i have no desire to lug one around the world.)

we are hopefully going to be off to Canberra on friday at the latest... i refuse to stay there more than a night, kate is adament that we go tho. 😞 then Sydney for the weekend. which should be cool. we are attempting to get up north ASAP for the warmer weather! haha!

anyway. enough of my nonsensical ramblings.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb