Last Day in Wellington


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
January 30th 2018
Published: January 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Leaving for Melbourne later today. The pods are all packed and the luggage train has been left in the capable hands of the hotel concierge. We strolled off to our favourite cafe for breakfast. We then made the short walk to the Te Papa museum for another look. The C. O. believes that she may have missed a retail opportunity. There is an awful lot of very good geological and earthquake information but the highlight of our return trip was a simulated earthquake in a house. Very realistic and caused the C. O. to utter an expletive. I adjourned to another part of the museum dealing with the migration of the South Pacific Islanders to N. Z. The C. O. found the shop and could not be moved. I still do not fully understand why the South Sea Islanders made the long and hazardous trip as I am not at all sure there was anything wrong with their homeland.

Moved the baggage train to the airport by taxi and got booked onto a Quantas flight that was mercifully uneventful. My daughter (Charlotte) and her husband (Ollie) met us and installed us in their spacious 3rd floor apartment overlooking a bowling green with Melbourne CBD in the distance. It does appear cold today and cloudy. Melbourne has been experiencing very hot (38 degree) weather but today is about 18. Quite a shock to the system.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb