Hello Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
January 31st 2018
Published: February 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

ApartmentApartmentApartment

Apartment balcony.
First day in Melbourne - well St. Kinda really Which is a suburb of Melbourne. It feels cold and is windy. The C.O. ordered a reconnoiter to the beach area. We had a recommended walk in a guide book of the area and we intended to complete it to get our bearings. We set out dressed in jumpers and anoraks. We established a beachhead at St Kilda's shoreline. The wind strengthened and it started to rain. The C. O. agreed to consolidate our position in the beachfront cafe. The wind got even worse. The palm tree trunks were bending in the wind. Cyclists and joggers were not making much progress into the wind and flashed past with the wind behind them. During a lull, the C.O. ordered a tactical retreat back to the safety of the appartment. We went shopping for rations to make an evening meal which was much appreciated by the workers returning home. I retired early in order to be fresh for my duties tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ApartmentApartment
Apartment

Balcony from another view
View from balcony (taken 1/2/18)View from balcony (taken 1/2/18)
View from balcony (taken 1/2/18)

View over bowling green to part of Albert Park which is home for Melbourne Grand Prix.
From balcony ( taken 1/2/18 )From balcony ( taken 1/2/18 )
From balcony ( taken 1/2/18 )

View of primary school with Melbourne business district behind.
From balcony (taken 1/2/18)From balcony (taken 1/2/18)
From balcony (taken 1/2/18)

View of tallest building in business district. Charlotte and Ollie have bought us tickets for the Eureka Sky Deck at the top. We shall visit another day.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb