Our first few days


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » South Yarra
October 27th 2008
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hong Kong SkylineHong Kong SkylineHong Kong Skyline

On our first night we crossed to the mainland on a ferry and took this photo...
Took a flight to Hong Kong, which was a great big bustling metropolis full of pollution, noodles, skyscrapers, bright lights, taxis, trams, up market shopping and lots of noise. We really liked it here, though did leave with a bit of a headache and polluted lungs! Went and visited the Big Buddha on the side of a hill near the Buddhist monastery which we enjoyed particularly as they banned all meat on the site! Stuffed our vegie faces with vegie food. Didn't see any monks though, which was a dissapointment as I really wanted to come home saying I'd poked a monk. We did, however, see some monk-eys in Hong Kong zoo which Bec particularly enjoyed as she thought I looked like one of the Orangatans.

We then flew on a domestic plane (stupid Quantas had "run out" of international planes) which was small and didn't have a screen in the back of the seat, to Melbourne. Hmmmm....

Felt really jet lagged so spent a day resting, drinking cider and free tea while watching Aussie tv which is a bit like English tv but with adverts every six seconds. Will explore the city more tommorow.

Good day for
Big BuddhaBig BuddhaBig Buddha

The Big Buddha near the Buddhist monastery
now.

Toby and Becky.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb