Sarah Comes To Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Richmond
February 25th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another of Jo's friend's, Sarah, flew down from Sydney to visit us this weekend so we met up in the city to enjoy brunch in one of the restaurants on the SouthBank. It was a lazy brunch as we caught up on everything that’s been happening in the past few months – Will was even learning to join in on the girly gossiping and was able to comment on the state of his nails and cuticles!

After brunch we caught a taxi to Chapel St, which is a very long road filled with shops and cafés – perfect place for some window shopping. We stopped for a drink to rehydrate along the way as it was a very hot day again and reached 37 degrees! And then carried on the shopping before stopping again for a huge ice-cream which neither Sarah nor Jo could finish! Sarah then walked back to her hotel to cool down, as we headed back to Richmond, stopping at Dan Murphy’s along the way for Will to have one more beer tasting and to pick up some cool drinks for the evening.

Sarah came to the flat later that evening and Will cooked dinner for us, which enjoyed on the balcony along with a few drinks. The drinks were particularly needed for Sarah who managed to book 3 separate flights for her flight home, first booking the wrong day, then the wrong direction, before finally getting the correct flight booked!

Later in the evening we headed to the local bar, The Bridge Hotel, which was very popular and we had to queue for about 20mins to get in. But they did provide us with water and Chupa Chup lollies which kept us happy. We had a few drinks in the bar and reminisced as they played some 90’s music. On the way home Will & Jo passed McD’s which is only a coupls of stores away from our flat to try out their new Chicken Scorcher burger… verdict, not good!

The next morning Sarah came over to Richmond and we met up at a local café for Brunch, Sarah’s aunt also joined us as she also lives in Melbourne. It was another hot day so Will headed back to the a/c of the flat whilst the girls went window shopping on Bridge Road and Sarah introduced Jo to a new ice-cream sensation Golden
Re-booking her flight...Re-booking her flight...Re-booking her flight...

... for the third time!
Gaytime! Sarah caught a taxi to the airport later in the afternoon and we spent the afternoon escaping the heat with a/c in the flat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb