St Kilda, Luna Park - Jan 2015


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Port Melbourne
January 26th 2015
Published: January 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi, bit breezy this morning, we are making plans today for trips away, so a lazy day. Tonight I'm off to Yoga, Sue is going to try it, so we will be nicely long and stretched !!

The other day we ventured out and went to St Kilda which is very beachy, where they have Luna Park, which is a tacky fun fair place, even the locals hate it, but it has been there forever. They have nice little eating places and coffee shops and a very beachy vibe. There was a sign up called community gardens so we followed that and came across some lovely hippy bohemian allotments Right in the middle of shops and residential homes. The allotment owners had decorated each plot with old garden gates, ornaments, old cars, anything they could find really. You were allowed in there, the decorated gates wide open, saying visitors welcome, not like Stu's allotment, which is padlocked up and barbed wire all around, looking something like a borstal camp !! And when we did take some friends up to show them the allotments, someone from the nearby flats, shouted 'Get off my land'. Very welcoming indeed !! We potted around the allotments, Stu pointing out all the veg etc, happy that someone was growing Kale, if you know him, you'll know what I mean about the KALE !

We then walked back to Port Melbourne, that took about an hour and a quarter, all along the sea front.

The other morning I woke early, lazy bones was still in bed, as he had been up most of the night listening to the Saints game, I walked all along the sea front, which was alive with runners, people working out on the beach, dog walkers and people who had lots of energy, something I quite lack in the mornings !!! I arrived at the swimming baths after an hour and a half on my white pins, swam for a mile and walked back again. Lazy bones was up by then, so we went into the City, walked around, then saw the tennis on a big screen inside a bar area, so I went to the bar to buy a coffee which they didn't sell, so the man said if you want one, just walk up there,and bring one back into this enclosure, well thought that was mighty nice of him, when I got back the bouncer was on the door, so I explained to him what the other chap said, he said ' that's fine, not a problem', I was pretty amazed, imagine at home ' Oh no, you can't come in here, coz you didn't purchase that here' and so on.

The Aussies seem very laid back, I have found them to be very polite and courteous. I have also noted on the trams that if someone needs a seat, old or young with children, people get up and offer them their seat, it is really refreshing to see.

All for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



27th January 2015
image

Allotments!!
Hi,that was a good find then...has Stu got new ideas for his allotment ? Like you said,not at all like our visit to see Stu's plot....the gates being more like the entrance to a certain concentration camp!! Carry on enjoying!! Love Dolly.x

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb