Australian Open - on Australia Day - 26/01/2015


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Port Melbourne
January 26th 2015
Published: January 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, well very exciting day today, Sue and Brian treated us to tickets to the Australian open at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. Massive place, well organised and easy to get to. Stu and I were in the centre court, called The Margaret Court Arena, while Sue and Brian were watching the Legends outside. First we watched Dominika Cibulkova beat Victoria Azarenka, then really amazing we watched Serena Williams beat Garbin'e Muguruza. Serena's serve hit 200 km/h, more than what the men were doing. It was absolutely mouth dropping. Whilst that was going on, the eqivalent to the red arrows flew over a few times, this is because today was a bank holiday over here, Australian Day, lots of flag waving, silly hats, stickers on the faces and big capes with the flag on them wrapped around bodies !! You know the sort of things we wear when the Saints have won !! Not often then !! After that game I watched D. Fearer who lost to K. Nishikori. I always feel sorry for the losers, they just walk off with their kit looking sad and don't want to talk to anyone. We all then watched mixed doubles in one of the outside courts. That was 7.00 pm when that finished, the day went really quickly.

You know what I liked about this place was, it wasn't a rip off, everything was reasonably priced, tea, coffee, alcohol and food. If it was Wimbledon, how much would you pay for strawberries and cream ? Let alone drinks ?

It really was a great day and I'm so happy that I watched Serena Williams play, she truly is amazing to watch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



26th January 2015

Oz
You guys really are living the dream,so happy to read how much you have done already.x Keep the Brady Blog coming!! Love Dolly.x

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb