Up Close and Personal with the Roos!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Philip Island
February 12th 2014
Published: February 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi gorgeous dancers,

I had a lovely day out to Phillip Island where I met some very friendly kangaroos and wallabies 😊 I tried to take one home but unfortunately you're not allowed to do that, not sure why?! I have attached some photos for you all to see.

After a lovely day exploring the beautiful beaches and taking in the lovely scenery I visited 'Penguin Parade', this was extremely special. There is a part of Phillip Island where you can view wild penguins returning from a days fishing at sea to their babies in their burrows. They are the world's smallest penguin and are quite simply called 'Little Penguin' or the Australian's refer to them as the 'Fairy Penguin' because they are so tiny!

They arrived home in small groups. One or two penguins would surf on to the beach first to check the coast is clear and then call the other penguins in their group to join them. Whilst the penguins were waiting for their group they would quite often get knocked over by the waves and all fall down like dominoes... quite amusing! Poor things are too tiny to tackle the waves on the shore!


They then waddled and strutted up the beach and banks to find their burrows and babies... they would quite often get lost and walk around in circles to find their burrow as they had misplaced it! They are very comical creatures 😊 I did see one mum and dad returning to feed their two babies which was very sweet, the little penguins were very fluffy.

Unfortunately you were not allowed to take photos as they are wild penguins in their natural habitat... We want them to keep returning so big flashes would put them off I'm sure!

I hope you are all sending your best wishes to Miss Foster as it is her last day at DBS before having her baby today!

Lots of love,

Miss Jo xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Naughty Kangaroo!Naughty Kangaroo!
Naughty Kangaroo!

The teacher in me always comes out... Trying to teach the kangaroo to wait his turn and be patient. As you can imagine I wasn't hugely successful!


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb