Melbourne - DAY FIVE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Philip Island
August 14th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

14th August 2008 - Penguin Parade!



On Philip Island everyday without fail about 500 Little Penguins come ashore at approx 6pm each night and burrow into the sand dunes for the night....and each day approx 500 hundred visitors come and sit quietly to watch them.....

This was the main highlight of our tour today - to watch the penguin parade as it is known! It was very good to watch the penguins but a bit too commercial for my liking. I'm afraid we don't have any photos though as you can't take pictures! But me and Amy have done a reconstruction for you with two stuffed toys we were given on the tour. Unfortunately Amy's first penguin Philip was deformed he had dodgy eyes and a bent flipper....Amy asked the tour guide for another but there were no more left 😞 A very kind canadian man had overheard Amy asking and he swapped his penguin for hers...so we now have Philip II and mine is called Pie Face because he is a chubba!

In the morning on the way to Philip Island we stopped off at a very good winery! Where they were not stingy with
Cute Wombat! Cute Wombat! Cute Wombat!

We all got to stroke her too!
the tasters!! 😊 And then we stopped off at a Wildlife Sanctuary and admired the one wombat and the Possum fur Jumpers!!

We also stopped off at Seal Island where there were thousands of seals - you couldnt see them from the coast but Amy was very impressed with the interactive seal cam....

Lucy x




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb