Up and Away!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Mt Dandenong
February 20th 2006
Published: February 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, the day has finally arrived on which we take off across the seas, and, hopefully, land in the depths of Cambodia to start our thre week trek through (some of) South East Asia.

It all started one night at Ricci's in Healesville. My little sister, Eva, my best friend, Helyna and myself were out for dinner, and Eva decided to start quizzing us on what we are going o do with our lives this year. Leens was about to take a job at the Healesville Sanctuary (don't know how she would have gone planning functions around kangaroos), and I "wanted" to buy a pad in the city and open a book shop/cafe St Kilda style. Picki told us what she thought - get real guys - and we ended up having the biggest heart-felt session to date. We left with changed plans, amongst them a pact for Leens and Picki to come to Cambodia with me to explore the Thrid World and see what is really going on over there.

So, we booked our flights, bought North Face backpacks on eBay (which we worked out were fakes, by the way, so Eva demanded our money back plus expenses!), and tonight we fly out. Ahhhhhh!

Gotta run, as I haven't packed yet, and Leens is picking me up at 8pm to go to the airport. But keep your ears tuned, there is more to come.

x Maz

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb