Aussie Bagpipers to Invade Scotland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Essendon
June 19th 2019
Published: June 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We set off on our next great adventure - a lap of the globe.

Issy is forever coming up with new ways of making our suitcases stand out while they whiz around the airport carousels with everyone else’s very similar looking baggage. She bought some floral covers for one of our trips but they all got torn. Next were purple lanyards, but they had locks on them and we lost the keys. So for this trip she did what any talented, self respecting artist would do, and painted them, with flowers. Very pretty too. I wonder why no one else has thought to do that. Maybe she’ll start a trend.

We are surrounded on our overnight flight to Dubai by members of the Haileybury College Pipes and Drums Band, who are off to Scotland to compete. Some of them are carrying their bagpipes in large bags marked “Bagpipes - Genuine“. I wonder what differentiates genuine bagpipes from fakes. I’m sure most of the population of Scotland will know, and I suspect they might use you for haggis stuffing if you dared to rock up to one of their gigs with anything other than the genuine article.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



23rd June 2019

Happy Travels
Have fun
26th June 2019

Have fun!
We'll have fun alright!! Many thanks!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb