Episode One - 'The day before'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Eltham
November 26th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First of all, hello and welcome to Matt & Sharon's travel blog. It is the day before we leave for our European adventure, and I have to admit I'm a little nervous. The furthest I have been from home is Maroochydore on Queensland's Sunshine Coast and while Sharon has the benefit of prior overseas travel experience, she is still a bit nervous as well.
Having said that, we are both very excited to be spending some time overseas and hopefully this blog will keep those that are interested up to date as to where we are, what we are up to, and whether or not we have succumbed to frostbite.

We are flying out of Tullamarine tomorrow at 5pm and arriving at Athens at 7am on Friday local time; 23 hours in transit. We have plans to visit Greece, Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Scotland and England over the two months that we are away but we have very little booked and we are looking forward to 'winging it'.

On a more personal note, I would like to extend a huge thank you to the people that have made this trip possible. Everyone that has given us advice about where to stay and what to see, your help is much appreciated. To those who have offered to let us stay with them during our trip, we thank you. To my uncle Corry, a massive thank you for your overwhelming generosity in your birthday-present-giving over the last few years in particular, your help is much appreciated. To Dad, who got me off my arse and gave me the push that I needed to get this whole travel thing happening, your generosity, support, patience and assistance over the last two years has been amazing - thank you so much.

Until we meet again...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb