St. Jerome's


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
July 22nd 2006
Published: August 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

St Jerome\St Jerome\St Jerome\

It\'s a cafe in the day time as well as a bar at night...
St. Jerome's in a long alley way behind Myer, 7 Caledonian Lane, is this tiny little bar with a beer garden that is actually based in an alley way with kind of muslin covering about three stories up....not brilliant on a rainy night but a really cool venue.
You walk down this tiny little alley way, and when I say alley I mean alley not cool little laneway. It has big garbage dumpsters along the side and the stench is quite overwhelming as you walk down towards St. Jerome’s. However when you get there it is totally worth it, the front has a tiny little indoor seating area but we went outside and sat at the top of the most rickety stairs. The toilets are unisex and not definitely best avoided if possible. The place is jam packed with people just dancing, talking and of course drinking. We met Graham and Craig in there and had a few drinks, the bar closed at about one or two so we headed onto an unnamed club on Swanston….
Irene, or Julia as she was claiming to be that night, and I had the biggest laugh ever in that place and a few Jager
St Jerome'sSt Jerome'sSt Jerome's

The very rickety stairs...
bombs later and we were all having a great time. Irene had the poor DJ plagued - mind you she did seem to be the only one telling him that he was good, everyone else apparently kept telling him he was shit!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0895s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb