Love it, love it, love it!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Have now been here in Melbourne for two days and feel like a woman betraying her man! Have spent sooooooo many years yearning to go to Sydney and now after just two days of being in Melbourne I've been totally unfaithful and now love this place so much more than... what's it called?!
The hotel we're staying at is lovely with the most AMAZING views of the river Yarra and sky scrappers. It's a joy to look out of the window and something we're definately not used to when we stay in a hotel (usually the view is of the dustbins!).
The first thing we did after unpacking the cases (and Ben finding a rather unsavoury porn mag in one of the drawers!) was book our 'Neighbours' excursion! Yes tomorrow Benjamin and I will be going to Ramsey Street - yay! Then we booked tickets to go and see 'Wicked' a musical I was desperate to see in London and now I've seen in Mebourne!
The city is soooooo chilled out and we both have absolutely fallen in love with the place (such a shame we can't pop over for a weekend - sob!). It's a bit like London but with a nicer atmosphere. The sky scarppers are fantastic to look at and a walk along the river Yarra either day or night is really calming. The only down point is the beer is so expensive but that really is the only down point.
We got our Great Ocean Road self drive details yesterday and I'm crapping myself about the journey. I can't read maps to save my life (Ben says he'd like to disagree with this!) and I know I'm going to take us down some stupid road and probably run over two or three kangaroos. Ben on the other hand is really looking forwards to it, I however am pretty much refusing to acknowledge the fact that we will be driving along Australia's roads and motorways in less than 36 hours time!
Will upload some piccies of Ramsey street next time but am feeling an ickle bit tired as have had quite a lot to drink (although not as much as Ben - have been drinking 'pots' of beer which are about a half a pint. One poor barman gave Ben a 'pot' rather than a 'pint' and we left the pub after just one round as Ben said 'I feel cheated' after orginally asking for a pint and getting a pot!) and our rather large and very comfy bed is calling!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016kb