The Adventure so far...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
December 2nd 2007
Published: December 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello All!

Thanks for checking on our progress. We're having a fantastic time, have completed the first section of our trip and are currently in Adelaide. Melbourne was all we thought it would be, a buzzing city where trams are the easiest way to get around and the coffee is fab. Victoria market was the place to pick up everything from lovely fresh fruit and veggies to opals, the market is actually built on an old cemetary and underneath there are approximately 9'000 graves, sorry! had to let you know the facts!

Melbourne zoo is the oldest zoo in Australia and we spent almost an entire day there, could walk in with the roo's and koala's so enjoyed that very much. The platypus was interesting but the main event of the day was when we visited the lions, Melbourne zoo has four male lions and whilst we were there they actually had a fight! this was pretty jaw dropping stuff and we came away quite amazed.

St Kilda beach is the main beach for Melbourne and is quite popular, we spent a couple of afternoons there and at 29 degree's we were dipping into the sea quite a lot!

We also visited the Neighbours set, Ramsay Street and met Susan Kennedy, the street was actually tiny but we had a good time and managed not to get too star struck!

Now for the amazing scenery - The Great Ocean Road was beautiful, words cannot describe, everyone should go!!! this trip was part of a two day tour which took us into lorne and apollo bay where we ate shark and chips for lunch. Following the great ocean road we headed onwards to the Grampians through the bush where wild Kangaroo's were hopping along the road side. We arrived at Tim's Place (back packer's lodge) and were really pleased, we had a small bungalow between the five people in our tour group. As soon we arrived we went to see the wild roo's which live in the park, it was almost dark but we saw plenty. We all ate dinner together and got know our fellow tour members, an indian couple had made enough chapatis to feed twenty people so we all tried some of those and a lovely Indian desert.

We left the Grampians at eight this morning went on a bush walk to take in some mountain views, we then moved on to McKenzie falls and walked down about 500 steps to the base of the falls, the view of the waterfall from the base was worth the climb back up!

At 12.30 today we said goodbye to our tour guides and hopped on the bus to Adelaide, the travel lasted for 6 hours and we're now checked in to Shakespere's Back pakers.

All in all the trip so far has been everything we had hoped and expected it would be - we feel like very lucky (but a little tired!) girls.




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb