Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
May 22nd 2015
Published: May 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, last evening we met Mr Finlow, Mrs Finlow wasn't well, so the 3 of us ventured into some public houses in the city. It was only going to be a couple of drinks but it never is !! We met at The Mitre, very busy, it is very much like London, after work you all go down to the pub and being a Friday, it's like that end of the week feeling and the weekend begins. The little lane which The Mitre was situated in also reminded me of London, there used to be a proper gentleman's club there and The Mitre pub is now a heritage building, believe to pre date back as far as 1850, but been a tavern since 1867. From there we went to The Irish Times, yes the name gives it away, really thought I was in Ireland, nothing in there to say we were in Australia !! and then we went onto The Sherlock Homes, thought I was in England in that one !! Had a good evening with Mr Finlow, a few jars and a good laugh. This morning feeling a bit fragile !! Oh and I did see the singing, guitar playing white bunny and I wasn't drunk !! Sue and I saw him one evening playing his guitar and we ended up missing the tram because of him !! Stu and Brian thought we made it up !


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb