Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
April 24th 2015
Published: April 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, woke up today to find it's been raining, not nice, we want the sun ! Anyway yesterday, Stu and I caught a tram into the city and picked up another one to take us to an area called Prahran which was very run down but now become hip and trendy, reminds me of London. Has lots of cafes, bars, restaurants, vintage shops and various other interesting shops. We went to the Pahran market where they sold fruit and veg, fish and meat but it reminded me of a 'boutique' market, it was all very neat and tidy, not like Shirley market !! We roamed around and then went outside to the Chapel Street Bazaar which was like Aladdins Cave ! Full of memorabilia which always brings a smile to my lips. Rummaged through bits and pieces there, loved it, then we carried on walking around, finding all these bizarre shops. We hit rush hour coming back which was new to us since we haven't been in that for a number of months. !! Came back to the house and went back out again with Sue and Brian into the city to watch a projection screening of Anzac pictures put on The Art Gallery wall. It was very good the way it was done, we are going to attend an early service Saturday morning as it is Anzac Day over here. From there we walked to the South Yarra river and had a drink in a bar called Ponyfish Island, which is situated in the river overlooking the city, lovely views. Because it is Autumn here now, they had the heaters on so it is still a very outdoor city, noticed people sat under them with no jackets on, me, I can't get enough clothes on, I'm layering and layering !! I'm sat here in my p.j's with a fleece on ! Stu even got dressed to go to bed the other night !


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



24th April 2015

Glad ur back blogging. Would loved to have rummaged looked interesting. Hope you didn't buy anything! Photo's nice. Bit of a shock for you in the rush hour after spending time chilling. Look forward to seeing the next blog. Take care both of you. X

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb