Leaving Sydney - Overnight Bus to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
January 29th 2012
Published: February 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in Sydney so we got up early to pack up and start cleaning the flat, then we headed down to Darling Harbour for some lunch with Andy & Jess. The afternoon was spent returning office keys, trying to squeeze as much as possible in our bags, cleaning up and cooking some snacks for the journey. We were both pretty tired from the action packed couple of weeks that we had been having so we were looking forward to the coach journey so we could go to sleep!

Andy & Jess helped us carry our bags down to the bus station as there were too many for us to carry ourselves. It was the day of the Chinese New Year parade in Sydney as well, so a lot of the roads had been closed off and there were people starting to line the streets to watch the parade, but we took the back streets and managed to avoid most of the crowds.

The bus was pretty full and we had too many bags to go in the hold so had to have a few packed down by our feet as well which meant it wasn’t the most comfortable of journeys, but we were both tired enough to get a few hours sleep. We made one stop on the way to Sydney at about 3am in a gas station in the middle of Hicksville… there were a couple of locals in the gas station buying pie and chips, but Will opted for a ham and cheese toasty and then it was back on the bus for the final leg of the journey.

We arrived in Melbourne at 8am and had chosen a hotel that was only a short walk from the bus station, so, with some difficulty, we picked up all our bags and made our way along the road to our hotel. What would normally be a 5min walk took about 20mins with our bags but we were happy to find that when we arrived at the hotel we able to check in straight away.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb