Sydney - Leaving Drinks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » CBD
January 28th 2012
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

When we returned from the airport we walked around town to run a few errands, but on the way we noticed celebrations taking place in China Town. We walked down the main street of China Town to take a look at what was happening. There was a Chinese Dragon dance that was taking place in the street, along with firecrackers being set off outside selected Chinese shops to ward off any evil spirits for the coming year. They were the most impressive firecrackers that either of us had ever seen and although we stood a good 10 metres back from the firecrackers we both had to put our fingers in our ears and we were coughing and covered in dust by the end of it!!

Jess had very kindly organised some leaving drinks for us this evening. We had planned to go to Establishment which is a bar on George St, but they had a private function on in the bar so we headed to The Royal George instead. It was great to see everyone before we left on our adventures around the rest of Oz. Sarah, Wendy, Charles, Jo, Jess and Andy all came by for a few farewell drinks.

After a few hours in the Royal George we decided to move on and planned to go to the Ivy but we were late getting there and they had started their extortionate charging policies and also told Will he had to ‘pull himself together’ as he had his arm around Jo… which the doormen took for him not being able to stand up on his own. So we carried on walking up George St, but it seemed that all the bars had started their door charge policies so we decided to call it a night… which was probably the best decision given that we had a 12 hour coach journey the following day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb