Tour of Booty: Four to the Floor


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
February 7th 2004
Published: February 7th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Huge Aussie FlagHuge Aussie FlagHuge Aussie Flag

I saw this from the roof of my hostel and from everywhere else!
I woke up very early (just to see that all of my luggage was intact hey!) and then made a move down to the Queen Victoria Markets. Now…these are the true markets. Back in the day, Paddys Markets used to be like this but who knows what happened. It’s all gone to shit because all they want to sell is merchandise instead of the markets down here-fruit, vegies, and animals. There are guys standing on boxes of fruit, throwing grapes at passers-by to get their attention. I made a purchase of a bunch of bananas at $1/kilo-score! There are heaps and heaps of fruit and market vendors here, fresh fish, fresh cheese, dairy and they totally outnumber the fashion and merchandise stalls! I take an opportunity to buy Toni some more snow domes (footnote 4/3 she got this snowdome already!) and a few postcards to send home to everyone.

Luckily I find that most of my stuff is intact and there haven’t been any clothes nicked or stuff like that! The view from Queensbury YHA is a view to steal for. You can’t really see too far but the view into the city is fine. What I see, I
Knobology!Knobology!Knobology!

Melbourne is famous for its hook turns..
slowly do as I walk into the city for a bit of expedition. Crown Casino still has its $2 fish and chips, which I heartedly ate the last time I was here. Since I couldn’t see anyone last night, I’ve gotta arrange to meet three different groups of people tonight. I can’t get hold of Stamatia (yep!), Scott I’ve gotta see (it’s his birthday!) and the Melbourne branch of the OSF are gonna have a night out tonight hosting chatter “Rocket” and I (“1-900-Bundy”) at Bridie O’ Reilly’s.

I never knew where Scott lived here, but he told me to meet him at Glen Waverly. It’s only about 20 K’s (20.9 in fact!) out of the city and the train zones are set out so that you’re not just buying single tickets but all day zoned tickets. It’s a comfortable change from the burning money situation I’m used to in Sydney. It’s almost the same in Canberra with all day tickets that are cheap. This difference in price is also noticeable in Brisbane and you can tell already that public transport is well looked after in Melbourne. Especially when they get their cars to turn right from the left lane…KNOBOLOGY!

Seeing Scott and Alicia isn’t knobology. We saw Timeline and then caught up (hey it was his birthday!). It was this weekend two years ago when we embarked on “The Greatest Road Trip of All Time.” Lots of time had passed since then and we had a great afternoon tea, where I was told of an impending visit in March by Scott and Alicia in March-Couth Maaaaaaaaate!

Into the city and it was getting late already. Stamatia has already rung me to ask what I was doing tonight and I hoped to see her tonight but there was no way I would give the OSF crew a miss-especially since they were making the night out for us visitors (“Rocket” and I). I told Stamatia I was going to see her and I certainly hoped I did, but once I got to Bridie O’ Reilly’s, there was no stopping the drinks all night long. First started off with three pints of Stella then everyone was asking for the Bundy. I promised not to get too messy tonight but GODDAMN the girls from Melbourne know a great pub to get absolutely intoxicated at! There was nothing else I could do but get really pissed! Around 4am I got back to Queensbury Hill and I had to check out in another 4 hours-good luck to me…

K’s: Flinders St-Glen Waverly-Flinders St: 41.8K
Running Total: 3012.5K


Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb