Trip to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This morning we were up early 05.00am (I am sure you will agree this is officially early!) to catch a flight to Melbourne.

After dropping our bags off at our Guest House, we proceeded to explore the city, first of all taking a tram to the centre and then walking the streets. We discovered a free tourist tram ride the circles the centre grid system of the city which we happily rode on for the whole circuit!

The city is very cosmopolitan, with every restaurant you can imagine and so many pieces of art, sculpture and modern architecture to keep your eyes out for, you would be forgiven for thinking you were in a city in Eurpoe.

We pretty much covered every inch of the centre grid before I started to do my ‘nodding dog action’ where I start to nod off for being too stubborn to admit that I am too tired to continue! So Dan agreed it was probably time we head back to the Guest House for a nap as it had been a long day and we had covered quite a bit of ground.

After a shower and quick nap, we headed out to dinner, not before exploring our local neighbourhood of South Yarra. This very modern part of the city really reminded us of Ascot or Guildford, with the posh one off boutiques, expensive restaurants and good looking people! As we no longer fit in (well Dan would disagree!) we headed back to get an early night sleep.

It's over 30 degrees here nearly all day long!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb