Trial Shift.............


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Brunswick
March 21st 2006
Published: March 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today- sorry very boring day for you all!!!!

Did some ironing- can you believe I actually took great pleasure doing this as my clothes haven't seen an iron since being away! Gosh its the little things in life hey!!!!!!

We trundled into the city to find some work shoes and a top for me- very tempted by all the amazing clothes shops over here!!!!!! I have never seen so many vintage clothes shops ever!!!! They are amazing and more vintage shops here than "normal" clothes shops......................... Faye/ Kat and Claire Simms you would all love them!!!! There are lots of trendy girlies and boys here its sickening!!! Even the kids are cool!!!! Skinny jeans over here are huge esp. believe it or not on guys........... Ginge can just see you in a pair mate!!!!!! Mwah!

We had a phone call from another agency- customer services- gosh the opportunities out here!!!!!!!............. O gosh they are yuk!!! But its monday to friday which is better I suppose! Got to find the $$$ to pay for our apartment that we have popped the deposit down for!!!! Oppps!! Anyway we debated whether to go to the waitressing job we had landed ourselves but thought we should give it a go really $$ is $$ hey! Totally couldn't fit into my black trousers tha i'd brought with me!!! Strange putting trousers on after months of wearing shorts and skirts! The overspill was hurrendous!!

When we arrived we were greeted with "would you like a latte?" well I thought all my christmases had come at once!!!!
"Sit down and enjoy!!!"

Anyway the shift went ok but the pay is not great and me and Vix would be working alternative shifts from each other! They fed us well I can say that!!! The restaurant is bout 2 minutes walk from the apartment when we move in and the people there are really lovely. Just got back to Andy's house and he said the job interview we are going to tomorrow is probably trying to sell things to people on street corners!!!!! O dear! Will ing the woman in the morning to get a proper job description!!!!!!!

O yeah forgot to tell you that one of the Germans said I had a voice like a machine gun!!!!!! Thought that was quite good!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 74; dbt: 0.1185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb