Back to the beginning


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Waiting for midnight and the birthday clock to startWaiting for midnight and the birthday clock to startWaiting for midnight and the birthday clock to start

Tara, Matty, Eddie, Grant and Henry!
Day 60 - Brisbane to Melbourne (by Virgin Blue!)

Blimey we were awake early this morning! We were in the wide awake club by 6.30 and that was without bird calls or anything!

So today is the big day, the flight back to Melbourne for Grant's 40th birthday party on Saturday. We're looking forward to seeing everyone and we know we'll have a fantastic time but leaving the car and the caravan is really hard! We pack up the rest of the stuff this morning, hitch up then get on our way to the storage place. We find it eventually, but there's no drama with being rushed for time or anything .... we left very early in true Howells style!

The guys are great at the storage place and make room for us to park up. It's not long before we are on our way to Brisbane airport to catch our 11am flight. Checking in is easy and we get through security with no problem at all although we are selected for a random explosive test which was a bit new and interesting, especially when the first thing that came out of the luggage was the Beanie Kids which have been touring with us for the girls!

The flight was great, the Virgin Blue staff are, as ever, gorgeous - it's how they describe their cabin crew during the briefing! Touching down in Melbourne after only an hour or so and our Taxi Limo ie Grant was soon outside to pick us up!

We ran through the front door yelling 'Honey, we're home' as Anna laughed on the couch and Henry bounced around the house! We went to pick the girls up from school to give them a nice surprise too and we of course they were pleased to see their Beanie Kids, I just need to finish the story book of their travels so they can take it to school!

The rest of the day was spent getting beer and wine for the party and then chatting away the hours with Grant, Anna, the girls, Jordan, Henry, then there's Eddie and Tera who have come in for the party from Canada, Matty, Marty and Jasmine and Mel who stopped by too! It's always great, there's always a house full!

Grant cooked up another feast, Tera introduced us to Vodka and Cranberry (it's good ladies, very good!) and now we're just waiting for the clock to tick away to midnight so we can toast in Grant's official birthday although the party is on Saturday.

So tonight we have to sleep in a 'real' bed and dinner was cooked in a kitchen not on an open fire and we haven't had to leave the 'house' to go to the toilet ... and we're not allowed to wee behind a tree!! It's all very unsettling!!

See you all tomorrow

Dar and Sar
x x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb