It’s awful unless you love Shane Crawford ….


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
May 7th 2009
Published: May 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 - Today was one of those days when waking up at 6.30am and actually getting out of bed to go for a good early morning walk, was not the go! Back to sleep we went and eventually crawled out, headaches in tow, at just gone 9am! Grant is still on the couch! We’re going to the beach house today, the girls are at Anna’s Mums house and we told Daph that we’d pick her up at 10.30am! Now, with the Howells motto “Early is the only way” at risk of being destroyed in one fell swoop we rang Daph to give her another half an hour! Showered, changed, room cleaned, packed and ready to go to the beach house we trotted off to collect the girls as we really wanted to catch up with Helen (Anna’s Mum). We hadn’t seen her since arriving. Tom Tom is making our lives so easy driving to all these places so we get there in good time and the girls are ready, in their PJ’s with dressing gowns on and DS’s in their hand!! We’ll see Helen properly on Sunday as it’s Mother’s Day over here and the Adams house is the place where it’s all happening!
Back home Grant is still asleep on the couch (!) and only a call from Anna, who has ducked out to get her hair done, shifts him momentarily from the spot! Darryl is in full flow loading up the car so I check the internet one last time for any updates on cars etc.
Out the door at 10:50 we’re at Daphs by 11:10 and we’re loaded with food, bedding & Daph by 11.30! We’re back on track!! Our only stumbling block might be the fact that we’ve got no keys for the Beach House and we don’t think that the others will be leaving until well after lunch!! We’ve got a car yard to visit in Moorabin on the way so that should slow us down a bit!
The beach house is in Rye on the Mornington Peninsula and the journey takes us through some lavish suburbs, including Malvern, very large posh houses!
We arrive at the car yard …. and guess what …. we think we’ve found a car!!! It ticks all our boxes - it’s diesel, it’s not enormous in size, it will tow a small caravan, it has 4 wheel drive, it looks in good nick and the km’s is reasonable (166061) and it’s in the $11000 bracket. It’s even got a registration number of PIE! We really like it so we leave our details and arrange to take it for a test drive tomorrow.
Onward to the beach house we go stopping for sushi on the way which we eat on the beach as the sun is out - hurrah - our first bits of sea and sand! We arrive 5 minutes before the Adams gang - Grant, Anna, Charlotte, Amy and of course Henry! We’ve been here before so we know the drill but that was without Henry who loves the beach house! The girls are happily playing, Daph is cooking up an orange cake so the rest of us shoot off for supplies! All we do is eat!!!! We’re both ENORMOUS NOW!!! We catch up with the football news from home … the hooha surrounding Chelsea is big news over here!
Another great cook up by Grant, lots of messing around with the girls and we all settle down too watch ‘The Footy Show’ …. very funny! They’re talking a lot about Shane Crawford who is a bit of a hunk apparently in the footy world!
Up and at ‘em early in the morning as not only are we test driving what we hope will be our new steed, we’re picking up a coffee table from Mt Eliza which Anna has ‘lay-byed’! It’s brass with a glass top and is going in her ladies lounge - I’ll take a pic when we get it home!!
Night Night!
Dar and Sar



Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb