The coldest morning in 39 years!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
April 30th 2009
Published: April 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 - We were both awake really early this morning to the sounds of what we thought was a bird or a possum! Hoping it would be a possum, we crept to the window to have a look ... only to find that the noise was from a piece of cellophane stuck in the heating duct which was being blown about as it had just come on! Doh!!
The morning was crisp and gorgeously bright but freezing cold! It was 2.5 degrees and reportedly the coldest morning around Melbourne for 39 years! It didn't stop me (Sarah) and Anna going for an early morning (7am) walk and then me (Sarah) and Darryl headed back out again to get a paper, muffins and bread! No walk at that time of the morning for little Henry though...Anna says he makes too much noise to be walked before 9am!
Today was all about finding a 4WD and opening an Oz bank account. Grant spent some time with Darryl discussing how the whole buying a vehicle in Australia works and off we went on the hunt. We searched ... and searched ... and searched .... but the vehicle of our outback dreams remains out there somewhere! Car dealers, is there a special school that they go to where they're taught all the very best condescending phrases?! I found it impossible not to laugh out loud when told "I have just the car for you, give me $200 down payment to get it ordered in and I'll give you your money back if you don't buy it"!!!!! Give me strength! Anyway, tomorrow is another day and we have "Tom Tom" aiding our search of dealerships so finding them should be easier! We're adopting a different approach now - we're going to find the vehicle and then send in Anna (Grant's gorgeous wife) as our secret negotiating weapon. It would be rude to deny her the chance to pull off the deal of the century on our behalf!
We also got further organising an Oz bank account but this was only a short distraction from the car / caravan search! Luckily we had a curfew as we'd been invited for dinner with Aunty Daph & Bert which we didn't want to miss. Daph is a fab cook and tonight was no exception! 3 gorgeous courses and we were truly stuffed full! We darted back home to spend yet more time scouring the internet ... I don't need to tell you what for!!
Now we're sitting discussing the film Wolfcreek ... nice note to end the night on!!!
lots of love
Darryl and Sarah


Advertisement



Tot: 0.481s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 20; qc: 135; dbt: 0.1744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb