It could be a Holden ....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
May 1st 2009
Published: May 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

GuestsGuestsGuests

Mel, Jo, Anna and Sarah
Day 5 - Early morning walks are a great way to start the day! It's so funny taking Henry out, he just loves winding up all the other dogs on the route that are behind fences and gates! Naughty boy!!
We spent more time this morning scouring the internet for cars and dealers and then planning the route to view them! This turned out to be a good idea and our journey today was much better with less time sitting in traffic! We hope we've found a vehicle and possibly a caravan - a Holden Jackaroo 3lt TDI (2002 with 111,000 on the clock) and a weeny caravan with double bed, microwave, seating area & pull out awning. We've looked at so many vehicles now and we were heading down the Nissan Patrol / Toyota Landcruiser route but they're so HUGE and are bound to be thirsty on fuel. With the best will in the world we won't be heading that far off the beaten track and people have told us that the Jackaroo would cope with somewhere like Fraser Island ..... so if the guy is willing to give us a good deal then I suspect we'll be wandering around in a red Jackaroo by the end of next week! We'll wait and see if the caravan is still around once we've got it and then try and strike a deal there too. Keep your fingers crossed!
The walk (it's a daily routine now!) brought new sightings this evening and kicked off the wildlife count for the trip! 1 x Bush Tail possum, 1 x Ring Tail Possum and 1 x White Tail Possum! Now these may not be their proper names of course but they do describe the main differences of the possums we saw! Shortly after returning a swarm of visitors took hold, Jordan (Anna & Grants fab 6' 5" 21 year old son!) was round for tea, Mel, Georgia, Ethan & Darren (next door neighbours & their gorgeous children) were all here when we walked in after the car search; Jo, Marty, Jasmine and Katie (friends and their gorgeous children) arrived shortly after followed by Bill (Anna's Dad)! Grant cooked up a tremendous feast with Tom Yum Soup followed by Beef and Green Thai Chicken Curries! One slurp of the soup and I (Sarah) was straight on my feet for water!!!!! Mr Adams you make good food! The kids had a fine time, toys everywhere and a cubby house built under the kitchen table where Darryl was 'the door'!
And there endeth another fun day!
We rang Mum and Dad Kettle tonight for a catch up which was great. Thanks for mowing the lawns Dad!! Sorry there's a bit more of it than you've been used to!
As I type this Grant is asleep on the sofa cuddling Henry the ridiculously cute dog ... another photo I'll have to reveal on his 40th!!
Tomorrow we're off to the Footie to watch Carlton v Hawthorn .... go Hawthorn!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The feast!The feast!
The feast!

Grant really is a top class cook, the food was awesome.
6ft 5 thank you very much!6ft 5 thank you very much!
6ft 5 thank you very much!

Jordan has grown since we last saw him!
Computer funComputer fun
Computer fun

Georgia, Amy, Ethan and Charlotte


2nd May 2009

Holdens and life in Moira
I was reminded by Graham that in the dim and distant past I drove a yellow Holden belonging to one Grant Adams! It had column gears and the hand brake on the wrong side but somehow I coped and drove hundreds of klms in it with Daph and my Mum as passengers! We are settling in to life in Moira and gradually all the boxes are disappearing somewhere (one day the wardrobe shelf will collapse I fear!). You may regret your comment that we can do anything we like in the garden as already bushes and trees are disappearing...... We await the purchase of the car with baited breath!! Enjoy the footie. Love Mum and Dad K

Tot: 0.457s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 133; dbt: 0.185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb