Melbourne and Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Albert Park
April 23rd 2009
Published: April 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Feb 23rd- March 1st

Arrived in Melbourne late tuesday afternoon, got shuttle to our hotel which was right opposite Albert Park. Next day we walked into the centre - went to Captain Cook's cottage in park in centre. Centre very busy. Went jogging round lake in Albert Park- 5k track marked out. Went to St Kilda- really nice with lots of bars, restaurants and beach. Went back in evening for dinner. On thursday we went to beach and on friday as predicted to be 38 but it never reached that. Weather ranged from 15 to 30 on some days. On saturday we went into town again and went jogging round lake in afternoon. Mike went to football in evening. On sunday had brunch and then went in gym later on, walked to restaurant near us for dinner.

March 2nd
Picked up rental car and drove to Philllip Island. Stayed in motel just off the island. Next day we drove to Cowes on island, did a walk and saw lots of wallabies. Then drove to cliff ares called 'The Nobbies' where you could see penguins on the cliffs. Had dinner and then went to penguin parade. As we were waiting for penguins to arrive it started to rain - we had waterproof but we got pretty soaked - worth it thogh was so funny seeing them land on the beach and waddle up the dunes. It was actually a better view further up the dunes - they have to walk such a long way for their little legs!

March 4th
Drove to the Grampians- we had booked a place to stay as recommended by our mate Andy and we weren't disappointed. It was a beautiful chalet facing onto a lawn where lots of kangaroos grazed in the evening. There were also heaps of cockatoos around and they came onto the verandah area of our chalet and one even tapped on the window when we were having dinner! Cheeky!
The next day we went walking- good views etc. On the 6th we drove down to Port Fairy and started on the ocean Road. We stayed in Port Campbell that night, then next day we went to Loch Ard, saw the 12 apostles, went to Johamma beach for lunch and then to Cape Otway. We saw koalas at the Cape- very cloe up as they were on low branches! The place where we wanted to stay was full but the lady there phoned toursit info for us and got us a b and b 10k from Apollo bay. The lady at the b and b was quite eccentri- aren't they always? We had tea and scones when we arrived. There was sheepdog called Miss Moneypenny who accompanied Mike on his run until she got bored! And a miniature horse called Eddy who only liked children!!!
March 8th- Drove to Geelong after a hearty breakfast- out bacon went to the local kookaburra who came and perched on the windowsill. Went to a few waterfalls on the way. stayed in geelong that night then droppd car in melbourne at midday.
stayed on night at same hotel then flew to Bali on march 10th.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb