Australia 2013 - Melbourne to Sydney road trip Day 1 - Melbourne to Mallacoota


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mallacoota
January 6th 2013
Published: January 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

First big trip is a road trip road trip to Sydney and back. We targetted the coastline closer to Sydney, and therefore spent the first day covering many miles, or kilometers as it were, over 400 of them. While we had to spend many hours in the car, we did find time for some fun and leisure. There are many wine regions surrounding Melbourne, so our first stop was at a winery for our lunch break. The wine was good, we even planned to buy a bottle, but the dining room service was uninterested in serving us one of the available window tables. Rather than give our money to a classist establishment, we instead slummed it with cheese and salad wraps on their boardwalk through the boggy tree palm patch.

Fruit stands dot the highway as well, and we pick up succulent peaches and monster blackberries in time for the first view of the coast at Lakes Entrance. We also pick up slurpees at a fuel stop, and I marvel that they have chinese dumplings for sale, or "dim sim" as they call it in Australia. The Princes Hwy turns back inland and we drive straight shot to coastal town of Mallacoota, where we camp for our first evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

"Dim sim" at a gas station?"Dim sim" at a gas station?
"Dim sim" at a gas station?

I like this country!
First campFirst camp
First camp

at Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb