Grampians


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Halls Gap
December 31st 2006
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke early this fine morning, full of the joys of grain alcohol. Struggled for an hour or so before we finally confirmed our plans. Which were for Honnors (x 3) plus Flanagans (x 2) to take Camper up into the Grampian Mountains overnight. So with much further ado we finally left the Horsham House of Harrison with five bodies, a camper and a tent.
Arrived a couple of hours later at Halls Gap (named after a Mr Hall who stashed his cattle there while waiting for the price of Moo Meat to increase in Melbourne). From here we went on a short hike up to the Venus Baths, a series of smoothed rock pools with cold, clear mountain water running through them. Lovely. Took the wheelchair recommended track back Halls Gap - only about 78 stairs to negotiate.
Drove down to Lakeside Camp Ground and got ourselves set for the night.
BBQ’d for supper, Anna and Pat stayed in a tent we’d found, which luckily was waterproof. Rained all night
Rained through the next morning as well, so trip to Mackenzie Falls was quick. Also discovered that the wipers on the van don’t work. Drove along with head out of the drivers window looking like some bizarre shaved Labrador.
But arrived back in Horsham for New Year dinner.


Advertisement



15th January 2007

Is it me misreading, but there seems to be a general theme that you are drinking Australia dry?? A noble effort and if anyone can do it you 2 can!!

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb