Great Ocean Road & Port Campbell


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
April 29th 2006
Published: May 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My third time to Great Ocean Road, but only the first time since one of the 'apostles' crumbled and fell and now left with 11.

I'd recommended anyone doing this trip from Melbourne, to take at least two days as there is much to see and do on the road leading up to the 12 Apostles.

We stopped at a couple of places, had breakfast on the way up to Apollo Bay, then stopped at the craft market there.

We took a walk in the rainforest at Mait's Rest, then to the Tree Top Walk at the Otway Ranges. Admission is $17 for adults, for a 2km walk which takes about 45 minutes to an hour. You get to walk on a elevated man-made ramp that goes up to 25 metres from the ground, then walk up a tower 45 metres up to get a view of the tree tops (hence the name of the walk).

The best way of getting the best views is to walk, be prepared for lots of exercise! Highly recommended, the views of the 12 Apostles, London Bridge and Loch Ard Gorge are amazing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

All the way up.All the way up.
All the way up.

On the elevated ramp.
Rainforest view.Rainforest view.
Rainforest view.

Looking down the ramp into the trees. Fungi looks quite pretty here.
25 metres up.25 metres up.
25 metres up.

Looking up at the ramp on the way out.
12 Apostles12 Apostles
12 Apostles

One gone..
Loch Ard Gorge.Loch Ard Gorge.
Loch Ard Gorge.

The waves get pretty big in the late afternoons here!
Port Campbell.Port Campbell.
Port Campbell.

The views here are amazing, imagine waking up to this in the morning!


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb