A Week Of Disaster


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road » Torquay
April 25th 2006
Published: April 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bells BeachBells BeachBells Beach

The line-up
Now i know there are alot of people out there who have things much worse than i do, but i still feel i have a right to complain about the week we just had. Firstly i got a call monday morning from ANZ bank asking me whether i had authorized a transaction of $4000 to some unknown person via internet banking. i hadnt - and so became a victim of internet fraud. Now apparently i will get this money back but i have to wait 25 days for an investigation to take place and ive had to go to the police station and make statements etc. So i will know in a few weeks whether this is bad news or not, but at the moment my wallet is $4,000 lighter!

Early thursday morning my cousins came over from Perth for a visit in their school holidays which was cool, even though ive only been away for 2 months it feels like alot longer, so its great when people come over for a visit, reminds me of home! So we set off on thursday down the south coast with intentions of seeing the Rip Curls Bells Beach Classic, staying a night in Lorne and then continueing on down to the 12 apostles the next day. We got to bells just as the final had started which was cool cos we got to see slater vs parko for free! I took a few photos, and as u can see the swell was huge! Stayed the night in Lorne then set off for 12 apostles the next day, we had borrowed a friend's parent's car, which after 15ks of the great ocean road overheated. After looking under the bonnet and seeing coolant pouring out of the water pump housing we decided to retire the car on the side of the road. this was at 10am... luckily the car was insured with the RAC so we were able to get it towed back to Lorne, but this took until 2pm. The garage told us they couldnt do anything for a week because a new water pump had to be ordered so our options were abandon the car in lorne, or pay $3.30 per kilometre to get the car towed back to town. we left the car. RAC payed for a $150 taxi back to Geelong where we got a hire car and then drove back to Melbourne. arriving in town at 6:30. what a day!

That night made up for it a little though as we went out and saw Tom Gleeson (aka the australian fast bowler from skithouse) at the comedy festival then went for dinner in town. The show was very funny, with jokes about fat kids climbing mountains, that stupid mcdonals ad where the kids come out the parents stomachs, and why james blunt is a c*** - good show!

As of yesterday i also became a part-home owner in perth, its near holy spirit in wemblet downs... (see pictures)

Hope youre all well, would love to hear from everyone/anyone if uve got the time. But until the next update...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Slater Wins the Bells ClassicSlater Wins the Bells Classic
Slater Wins the Bells Classic

Slater ringin the bell
Artistic shotArtistic shot
Artistic shot

At a lookout along the great ocean road - angry southern ocean!
LorneLorne
Lorne

View from the main strip in lorne - very nice surfing town, so nice we decided to leave our car there
Car BrokenCar Broken
Car Broken

Car broken down on the side of the road - we got picked up 2hrs later, was definately one of the highlights of the trip...
Waiting in LorneWaiting in Lorne
Waiting in Lorne

Waiting another 2 hours for the cab to pick us up in Lorne
The New PlaceThe New Place
The New Place

Out the back of my half-house, wembley downs


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb