Adelaide to the Grampians


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Grampians
January 28th 2015
Published: January 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Despite having about five hours of interrupted sleep last night I woke up at 5am excited and ready to get on the road. Our bus left Adelaide at 6:30 and to my pleasant surprise there was only six of us on the trip. And our tour guide is the spitting image of Bradley Cooper!!! There's two girls from England, one from Canada, Germany and Switzerland. For the first 4 hours or so there wasn't much to look at but typical Aussie trees and and fields. We made a few short stops along the way but we stopped for an hour lunch break in a small town about half way between Adelaide and Melbourne.

We drove for about another two hours with a few more stops at a giant koala bear and the town that our tour guide Ben grew up in (stawell). Once we got into the Grampians we went to lots of different spots to see the views which were completely breathtaking! Lake Bellfield was first, then McKenzie Falls where we walked down a load of steps along side the waterfall and back up again, and then we went to a look out point where you could see for miles and miles and miles and it was just unbelievably spectacular!

After we made a quick stop at the supermarket to get food for dinner, and me and a few of the girls got an ice cream - best white chocolate and raspberry flavoured ice cream I have ever tasted- we went to our motel. As we pulled up there were kangaroos grazing in the fields completely in the wild. Ben's parents joined us for a BBQ as a surprise for his mum's 60th birthday. We sat in the middle of the Grampian mountains, with kangaroos around us eating burgers and drinking beer which was the perfect way to end an amazing day. A surreal experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb