Grampians to the Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
January 30th 2015
Published: January 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We hit the road at half 7 and went to the pinnacle. It took about an hour to get to the top but the view was incredible. The whole way up was walking and climbing over rocks which was cool because the path was completely natural. We sat at the top and had breakfast which was very windy but sooooo cool. The walk back down was easier and quicker so I had more chance to stop and take in the amazing surroundings. I would 100% recommend going there to anyone because it's just so beautiful.

Our next stop was to Brambuck where we watched a short video showing the aboriginal story of how the Grampians were created. We then all painted a little boomerang using cocktail sticks as brushes so the patterns were made up of lots of little dots. There was a board of various aboriginal symbols and their meanings so I copied some of those and it didn't turn out too badly considering I'm not artistic at all.

After we had lunch we made our way to the Great Ocean road. We checked into our hostel which was really nice and the six of us girls had a room together. We went to a restaurant for dinner where we all had chicken schnitzel and mash which seems to be a popular meal in Australia. We went to see the twelve apostles for sunset which was stunning. It's Anya's birthday tomorrow so Ben got a bottle of champagne for us all to share while we watched the sunset- it was definitely a 'pinch me' sort of moment.

When we got back Anya, Sara and I went and sat on the beach and had a few drinks. Anya must have got a bit tipsy because she led back to look at the stars and managed to pour her vodka all over her face! It was so funny!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb