Grampians N.P. / Yarraville / Otway N.P., Victoria


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Grampians
April 20th 2011
Published: May 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Video title 35 secs
13-19 April 2011

We arrived at The Grampian National Park to find that 80% of the park was closed due to widespread flooding and landslides back in January this year. This was a little disappointing but didn't put a downer on our time there at all. The Grampians is something else! Such a special national park - if only these walls could talk!

We did a lovely walk to a waterfall where we stopped for a picnic, lots of 4WDriving where we stumbled on some interesting wildlife including emus and saw some sacred Aboriginal Rock Art. The bush camping at Plantation Campground was awesome (gotta love Alex's damper..) The troopy nearly got taken out by a wild deer at one point too which was interesting.

Leaving the Grampians we back-tracked to Melbourne where we stayed with James and Lyndal at Yarraville. It was a fun weekend - catching up, eating, drinking, playing boche and celebrating Lynna's birthday.

After a couple of nights we hit the road again headed towards the Great Ocean Road. We bypassed most of it as we had done it before and know we will do it again. We stayed at Aire River where we saw our first wild koalas. A bit of sight-seeing later and a visit to Apollo Bay and we were ready to head further west...


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb