Melbourne to Marlo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Gippsland
December 26th 2023
Published: February 24th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Today it was Christmas Take 2 with us heading off for Boxing Day lunch at the Club Hotel in Warragul with Bernie’s parents, Helen and Ian, Bernie’s brother, Michael and my sister, Kerry. Ate too much AGAIN! I ordered the pulled pork burger that had coleslaw on the inside and coleslaw and chips on the side. So much coleslaw! I don’t really understand serving it as a side when it is already in the ‘burger’?? I should have ordered from the Senior’s menu to try to ensure a smaller meal because I have so much guilt about not finishing what’s on my plate BUT … I know it’s not good for me to overeat either.

After lunch we commenced our road trip in earnest. Despite very threatening black clouds we only experienced a brief shower between Traralgon and Sale.

We refuelled at the BP Truckstop at Newmerella with the clouds looking increasingly dark and stormy. At Orbost we took the turn-off onto the C107 to drive out to Marlo where we were booked into the Marlo Hotel for the night. Phew, we just managed to check-in, drive the truck around the back and unload our gear before the storm hit. We were taking the last few things to our room with it starting to spit, but we were safely inside when the thunder, lightning and heavy rain let loose.

So many people eating and drinking on the verandah were caught by the weather. Fortunately, Bernie had booked us a table inside for dinner. When we ventured to the dining room for our meal it appeared that most of the outdoors patrons had decided to pack it in and go home when the storm hit as the indoor dining area was not filled to capacity.

After being in the car for most of the day (when we weren’t sitting down eating lunch!) we were really in need of some exercise. With the storm over for the moment we decided to head out for a walk after dinner. Despite the sky continuing to look very threatening we managed a 36-minute walk along the Snowy River and then up into town before returning to the hotel via the Marlo Caravan Park and Motel. We nailed our exercise goal even if we ended up a little short of our move goal. With the weather deteriorating like it had we considered ourselves lucky to achieve any exercise for the day!



Steps: 7,791 (5.38kms)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb