The great ocean road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Apollo Bay
November 7th 2017
Published: November 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We left our apartment in Dandenong and drove along the M1 motorway and paid the $17 toll charge on line, to the start of the great ocean road at Torquay. We stopped at Anglesey for a sarnie and a cake, Lorne for barramundi and chips and to watch the surfer, a waterfall that was 600 m from the road and at a pit stop area to feed the birds (get bit on the finger by a greedy cockatoo)and see koala bears asleep in the trees. All throughout the day it was so cold and windy. I don’t think it dot above 12c.

We arrived at our first Airbnb which was a room with a very comfy bed and a separate toilet/shower block, massive shared kitchen and dining room. It kind of reminded me of my army days at some of the training camps we went to....... the same style of things. We cooked our diner and watched a movie on the iPad. The view from our room looked out across the sand to the sea.

Sleep for both of us has not been good with good nights and bad ones with maybe 5-6 hrs of interrupted kip. But hey ho, crack on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb