28 November 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
November 28th 2012
Published: November 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

No hint of the usual cool morning air in Hobart this morning as the sun beamed down with a bit of sting early on. Next door to the caravan park is the Museum of Old and New Art or as it is affectionately known, Mona. We stopped in and walked the grounds of the museum which has a beautiful vantage point overlooking the Derwent.

The next part of our journey awaits and we set off to explore the east coast of Tassie. The drive over to Sorrell looking out across Pitt Water was a beauty and we stopped for a stroll and cashed in on a bookshop that was relocating and having a closing down sale.

We then headed along the Arthur Highway and down onto the Tasman Peninsula where we were in and out of the car for most of the afternoon taking in the many attractions in the Tasman National Park including Tasman Arch, the Blowhole, the Devil’s Kitchen and the Tessellated Pavement.

The Tessellated Pavement is something that needs to be seen to be believed. Without knowing a thing about this phenomenon you could swear what you are witnessing is man made. Also in the National Park is the spectacular Fortescue Bay Campground. The drive to the campground is about 12 kms from the highway along dirt road but it is well worth the trek. The site is set among towering trees that shoot straight into the sky and at night there are plenty of wallabies feeding close by.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb