Crayfish Creek, Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
January 19th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

17 - 18 January 2011

A couple of nights at Crayfish Creek on the north coast of Tasmania was as far north west as we stayed. We did a day trip further west along the north coast to Stanley which is a cute coastal town and home to "The Nut". You can either walk up The Nut and then around the top or catch a chairlift up and then walk around the top. We opted for the latter option for a couple of reasons.. The views from the top of The Nut were amazing and we were pretty lucky with the weather - it stopped raining just as we were getting on the chairlift. Maybe Oscar didn't appreciate the views as much as the rest of us considering he fell asleep while he was having a shoulder ride on dad's shoulders! We saw a family up there that we'd seen on the Gordon River cruise - can't believe how many people we run into more than once.

Whilst staying at Crayfish Creek, we also went to Rocky Cape National Park to have a look. It's very clear why it's called Rocky Cape once you see it!

By now we have also discovered a way to calm the boys down in the car if they are becoming ferral. We crank up Sweet Disposition (Temper Trap) and they immediately start beating their fists in the air in time with the music. The whinging stops immediately - it's so funny to see them get swept up in the music. Oscar in particular gets so entranced and his face becomes so serious while his arms are doing their thing above his head. Hilarious!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb