Mole Creak


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
December 17th 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our heads were a little sore this morning, and we had a issue with the car as it has been making lots of noise. We took the car into the local garage and he surgested we go over the road to see a guy on the corner and he weilded the bottom of the car for $20 what a touch we thought, so off we went on the dirt track road to head towards the caves. We passed such lovely scenery traveling all the way along the Great Lake.

We arrived around 3pm just in time to book both caves heading to King Soleamans, this cave was the dry cave, it was so cold inside here but so breathtaking. The guide showed us around through the smallest off gaps god only knows how fat people get through ha ha.It takes years for the calcite crystals to form, and as the light hits them they have so many colours running through them. You are not aloud to touch them but this didnt stop some idiots doing it.

Then onto King Solemans caves, this cave had the water running through, which made the cave feel much colder than the last, yes we had breath. The river ran all the way through this cave and is the purest water you can drink, the river runs to the bottom of the road where all the locals would fill up water bottles. We did not get to try this as the gates were about to close gutted. The guide also turned out all the lights in thier so we could see the glow worms, they looked like stars in the sky but close enough to touch.

Then on the raod again this time heading to Launceston, where we meet up with Brads mate. We went into town for a fat roast then off to find a caravan site as it is much to cold for the tent over here. We were lucky we found one for $20 each a night, when you opened the door and the smell off a dead person hit you in the face we knew why, but hay we were warn and dry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb