Crayfish Creek, Tasmania - Thursday


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Wynyard
January 20th 2011
Published: January 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

A rare day with no 10am checkout. Chilli beans for breakfast. Watched some coverage of the ongoing flood catastrophe all over the country, negotiated the "pay as you go" showers (3 mins for 40c, 6.5 minutes for $1....hmmm). Gathered some supplies for Spag Bol dinner in Wynyard. Our main mission in this corner of Tassie was to assess whether we would like to live here, and the answer is yes. All good. Today we drove in around Flowerdale. This country is actually even prettier than the stuff we saw yesterday in Irishtown and Scotchtown. We are looking inland although we would love a water view because (a) it is highly unlikely that we will be able to afford waterfront land, even in the very reasonable real estate climate in Tassie, given that one of the strong motivations behind this move is to evade having a mortgage and (b) we want to grow stuff and just a short distance inland, the environment for growing things is much better. All rolling green, pretty and suitable. Extremely good value lunch at Subway!

Had a bit more wandering around the van park and down to the river/ creek. Water levels low but pretty rocks and golden tannin stained waters.

Some more time communing with the ukulele, a magnificent spag bol meal, a little more tennis and another deep sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb