Still going strong


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Launceston
January 15th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SDC10122SDC10122SDC10122

The natives are friendly
11 Jan
Great day in Hobart today. Lovely city with gorgeous old sandstone buildings. Manged to find an internet cafe on a Sunday which was good, but couldn’t go to the bank, which was not so good.
Views from Mount Wellington were stunning. Weather is getting hot now.

12 Jan
Disaster! Clouds of smoke and horrible graunching noise coupled with strong smell of burning! Just managed to reach a ‘car body shop ’ where the proprietor, a lovely young tattooed guy and his mechanic mate agreed to sort us out. Had to spend the night in the ‘Norfolk Hotel’ $65 including breakfast! (even the guy checking us in said’ You aren’t fussy are you!’ ). Still the bed was clean and relatively comfortable and we had a great shower which was a bonus. Heard on the news that a surfer had been attacked by a shark at Binalong Bay - Geeze we were there last week!
13 Jan
Our lovely lads came up trumps and the van is now fixed - offside rear wheel bearing had collapsed - taking most of the breaking system with it! Back on the road by 3pm heading for the West Coast. Weather is now unbearably hot - dunno how we will cope in Alice Springs!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our vanOur van
Our van

Barry's thumb is pointing at our van - nice location


19th January 2009

Happy Days
Hi Barry/ Margaret , We are following your journey with interest, sounds like you are having a great time, hope your van does'nt give you too much trouble. Stay safe.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1018.8kb