Day 5 Tahune Air Walk


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Huonville
October 14th 2010
Published: October 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The weather was fine this morning - yay.
This morning we drove up to Mt Wellington. There was quite a lot of cloud around at the summit. It was freezing cold up at the summit. I was able to get a few photos of the view from the left hand side of the viewing room. The right hand side was completely covered with cloud.
After visiting Mt Wellington we drove out through Huonville and on to the Tahune Air Walk. We had a wonderful time there. The Air walk was really enjoyable and then we went on the 'suspended bridges' walk. These bridges span across the river and are only about a foot wide. I started to cross over and the bridge started to move quite a lot, I had to go back as it was quite scary. It took me a few minutes to get up the nerve to cross. It was a fantastic experience. There was a smaller suspended bridge as well, I had no problem crossing that one. After these two lovely walks, Steve and I went on the 'Huon Pine' Walk. This walk takes you down along the river and passed the Huon Pines, it was also a very enjoyable walk.
Then Steve went on the paraglide. It is similar to a flying fox type set up. You are clipped into a harness which is attached to a large kite. A machine pulls you across the river and up into the tree canopy and then lets you go and you make the descent across the river and back to the lift off point. Steve enjoyed his ride very much.
After our visit to the National Park we stopped in to see the ‘Big Tree” a huge gum tree (the largest in the area)
On the drive back to Hobart we called in to a little art gallery called the ‘enchanted woods’ and to our surprise we found that the owner knows our friend’s, Janice and John. What a small world. The lady, Maureen, used to teach on the Central Coast.
A big thankyou to my sister Rosie for our gift voucher for the Tahune Air Walk, it was fabulous.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



18th October 2010

wow
that was a very exciting day! Lovely photos Sue, Thanks for blogging them.
20th October 2010

It looks quite scarey
on the air bridge but I really would not fancy going over the suspension bridge - they move a lot!!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb