ON THE ROAD: MONA, Hobart, Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
February 19th 2015
Published: July 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

MONA stands for the Museum of Modern Art. The buildings and setting are sensational. We went there to taste the wine and beer at the Wine Bar, and to have lunch at the Source Restaurant. It is well worth a visit just for that even if you do not like modern art.Pat and I along with our friends Bob and Sandy arrived earlier than our reservation for the Source Restaurant to taste some wines at the Wine Bar which was complementary since we were having lunch here. Our friend, Bob opted to do a Moo Brew beer tasting instead of the wine. The Moorilla wines and the beer were both excellent. Pat especially liked the Plavik Sauvignon Blanc. The staff pouring the wines and beer were knowledgeable and very accommodating.
For lunch at the Source Restaurant we all ordered the special of the day, Tasmanian tomatoes in balsamic and olive oil for 10AUD. It was outstanding and it was enough for two. Pat and I both had the ocean trout which was excellent. We all also enjoyed the house made bread.
The photo shows the restaurant and wine bar upstairs, The Mona museum is behind it and below. There are great views of the river from the deck.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

EntranceEntrance
Entrance

to the Source Restaurant and Wine Bar
The ViewThe View
The View

Source Restaurant


Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb