Tas - Huon Trail


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
January 25th 2009
Published: February 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today is Sunday and for once we don’t have to get up and pack the tent up! Got up at 10.30, did the laundry and by the time we had had breakfast it had dried - a nice sunny day! We had bought some fresh cherries for breakfast from the market - delicious!
We went for a drive for the afternoon. Headed south of Hobart on the Huon Trail. Drove through Kingston, Margate, Snug and Kettering. This is where you can catch the ferry over to Bruny Islands.
We took a right turn on the road to Gardeners as we were told the views of Bruny Island were great from up there. Then back down and 10 mins later stopped at Grandvewe Cheeses Farm. We had a few tastings of the home-made sheep cheeses - yum and a pinot paste. This is like a chutney made from the grape skins left over from making wine - really god with cheese! You could also see sheep milking demo’s and the kids can feed the lambs.
We then drove around the peninsula, some great views. The road follows the sea - the great ocean road of Tasmania! We also enjoyed a selection of home-made scarecrows too along the way, there must have been competition on! Then carried up through Cygnet and then Huonville. As it was Sunday not a lot was open but it looked like a nice town.
You can buy fresh fruit all along this road, there are stall everywhere and at good prices!
Then back to the campsite to have noodles for tea!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb